Friday 6 March 2009

music for the group video



This is the music which we would have used for the group filming if it was going to be the final cut, however because of the unfortunate discovery that we had insufficient footage, we decided to go further with this, and to go back and concentrate with the original footage, so that we would have time to edit it before the deadline, was was quite a good choice because, in the original footage compared with the footage that we shot altogether, there is more going on with a variety of shots and they where a good enough length to cut down, to fit in with the footage. While the one that we shot together, the footage, was not long enough, and the there was not a large amount of shot angles that would improve the footage.

Now for the musical technical side. I used my favorite format for composing which is the minimalism build up style. This is where tracks keep repeating and the and the different keep laying over each other to make texture. I added the people talking to make it sound as if it was a disc jokey. I wanted to make a heavy rock music as the majority of young people like that type of music and as it is and opening sequence for young people we would need to make it something that would attract their attention. Plus, as it is an opening sequence I thought that it should be more uplifting and get it the audience motivated. As the music is really long I added in lyrics that was built in to the Soundtrack Pro Software. I found that when I played the music I could imagine me being in a club dancing to this music, as it is very similar to the club music. So therefore, we didn't use it as it would not be suitable for a PG or 12A film.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home